Montessori Magnet Community Organization (MMCO)-PTO
The MMCO, our school PTO, was formed to increase communication between parents, staff and the wider school community. The mission of MMCO at Montessori Magnet is to utilize the Montessori philosophy to support our community and our children.
The MMCO objectives are to:
a) Arrange activities and special events to supplement the academic program and enhance the school’s sense of community
b) To encourage and facilitate communication between families, Administration and staff
c) To spearhead fundraising to meet expenditures not covered by the school.
All parents/guardians, staff and Administrators are automatically members of the MMCO. The officer positions are: President, Vice president, Secretary and Treasurer. Positions are two years and elections are held in May. This makes up the Executive Board that oversees the MMCO. The Executive Board meets monthly.
How To Get Involved:
How To Keep Informed:
How To Help Support the MMCO:
The MMCO puts on several free all-community events throughout the year like the Harvest Festival, Winter Dance, Multi-Cultural Event and Carousel Party, as well as helps the school pay for things like graduation, field day, parent education events and more. Every little bit helps!
Please see Montessori Magnet's activity calendar for more information on events, parent education sessions and community breakfast/dinners.
COMMUNITY MEETING MINUTES
December 11, 2017:
- Presentation/Introduction Video
- Discussion/Questions Video
- Attendees were then asked to split into small groups and answer four questions: Small Group Report Out Video
1. What can the school do to support my child/children?
2. How can I work with my child's teacher to better understand my child's academic/social needs?
3. What ideas do I have to make our school community better?
4. What other questions do you have for the school?
- Supporting data - Hover over the Performance tab, choose the option for Smarter Balance. From there, you will get to a page with overall state numbers. From this page you can use the drop-down filters to select year, school district and any special population. Click the submit button and the information will update.
- Powerpoint Deck
September 14, 2017: